Imuneks is an innovative combination of highly purified micronized beta-glucan (beta-1,3/1,6-glucan from yeast), vitamins and trace elements.
The composition of vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D3, folic acid and trace elements zinc, selenium and manganese contribute to normal functioning of the immune system and a reduction in fatigue and tiredness.
Beta-glucans represent the individual building blocks of the surface (cell wall) in yeast fungi. They are naturally occurring sugar molecules linked to form a chain, which may have various branches. Besides yeasts, beta-glucans can also be found in the cell wall of a large number of other microorganisms (fungi) and plants (barley). Beta-glucans isolated from barley are e.g. used to support the reduction of high cholesterol levels in the blood - however, they do not have any immunostimulating effect. In contrast, several studies on quality, safety, and efficacy would show that beta-glucans isolated from the cell wall of brewer's yeast, in particular, can lead to an immunostimulation [*1-13].
The production of the raw material, from the isolation from brewer's yeast to the pure product, involves 11 successive processes. It should be noted that for the effectiveness of the beta-glucan fragments from brewer's yeast special conditions exist.
These have been verifiably tested in several research studies and clinical trials. In particular, three conditions take a special position:
- Origin: the strongest immunostimulatory effect has been demonstrated with beta-glucans from brewer's yeast (beta-1,3/1,6-glucan from Saccharomyces cerevisiae) [*1-5].
- Degree of purity of the beta-glucans: the better the beta-glucans have been isolated, i.e. have been purified from further cell components of the yeast or fats, the greater the degree of effectiveness (degree of purity at least >80%).
- Size of the fragments: the smaller isolated fragments are (at least 80% <10 micron), better, they can dock to receptors of immune cells and activate them [*6-9].
IMUNEKS® meets these requirements to the highest degree:
- Imuneks is obtained only from brewer's yeast (beta-1,3/1,6-glucan from Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- A special manufacturing process of the raw material (11 process steps) ensures that highly purified fragments are obtained.
- Through a special process (micronization) up to 80% particles are obtained which are below the required 10 micron.
The unique selling point of the IMUNEKS® ingredient, obtained through the manufacturing process, does not allow eggshell membrane products manufactured elsewhere and on the market to derive any direct or indirect reference to the scientific data. We design and produce products that simply work.
CERTIFIED INGREDIENTS FROM PREMIUM SUPPLIERS
As a provider of highly innovative health products, we always focus on the quality and origin of the individual raw materials. Only certified suppliers from Europe and the USA who meet the highest quality standards are shortlisted and subjected to a rigorous selection process - "SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT".
The production of the ingredients, as well as the finished product IMUNEKS®, is subject to strict quality standards defined by the authorities and confirmed by the HACCP certification for the production, packaging, labelling and storage of dietary supplements.
CERTIFIED IN SWITZERLAND - CONTROL FROM RAW MATERIAL TO FINISHED PRODUCT
We have our own certified production facilities. All offered dietary supplements are produced under the supervision of pharmacists. This ensures that we maintain a consistently high level of quality throughout all stages of production. The subsequent analyses of the finished products are carried out in independent external laboratories.
In cooperation with physicians and pharmacists, it is our constant goal to translate scientifically and clinically sound data into innovative products. In order to be up to date at all times, we continuously search through the latest information on corresponding indication areas.
FREE FROM PRESERVATIVES, GLUTEN-FREE
1. Bashir KMI, Choi JS, "Clinical and Physiological Perspectives of B-Glucans: The Past, Present, and Future," Int J Mol Sci, 18(9) PMID: 28872611, Sep 5 2017. "Immune-modulatory effects of dietary yeast beta-1,3/1,6-D-glucan, Stier H, Ebbeskotte V, Gruenwald J, " Nutr J, 13:38,PMID: 24774968; PMC40112169, Apr 28, 2014.
2. Borchani C, Fonteyn F, etc, "Structural Characterization, Technological Functionality, and Physiological Aspects of Fungal B-D-glucans: A Review," Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr, 56(10:1746-52, PMIC 25830657, Jul 2016.
3. Steir H, Ebbeskotte V, Gruenwald J, "Immune-modulatory effects of dietary Yeast Beta-1,3/1,6-D-glucan," Nutr J; 13;38, PMID 24774968, Apr 28, 2014.
4. Samuelson AB, Schrezenmeir j, Knutsen SH, "Effects of orally administered yeast-derived beta-glucans," Mol Nutr Food Res, 58(1):183-93, PMID 24019098, Jan 2014.
5. Auinger A, Riede L, Bothe G, Busch R, Gruenwald J, "Yeast (1,3)-(1,6)-beta-glucan helps to maintain the body's defense against pathogens: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, multicentric study in healthy subjects." Eur J Nutr, 52(8):1913-8, PMID: 23340963; PMCID: PMC3832763; Dec 2013.
6. Keiji H, Hiroshi T, "Endocytosis of Particle Formulations by Macrophages and Its Application to Clinical Treatment," Chapter 16; http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/37733/InTech-Endocytosis_of_particle_Formulations_by_Macrophages_and_its-application_to-clinical_treatmenet.pdf , 0706 2012
7. Graugaum H-J, Busch R, Stier H., "A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled nutritional study using an insoluble yeast beta-glucan to improve the immune defense system." Dood Nutr Sci, 3(6):738-746, June 2012.
8. Hunter KW, Gault RA, Berner MD, "Preparation of microparticulate B-glucan from Saccharomyces cerevisiae for use in immune potentiation." Letters in Applied Microbiology," Vol 35 Issue 4, 267-271, PubMed 12358685, October 2002 (commercially MG Beta Glucan)
9. Hunter K, Gault R, Jordan F, "Mode of Action of B-Glucan Immunopotentiators," Department of Microbiology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Oct 1998.
10. Steir H, Ebbeskotte V, Gruenwald J, "Immune-modulatory effects of dietary yeast beta-1,3/1,6-D-glucan," Nutr J; 13;38, PMID 24774968, Apr 28, 2014.
11. European Food Safety Authority. EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA). Scientific opinion on the safety of 'yast beta-glucans' as a novel food ingredient. EFSA J, 9(5):2137, 2011. www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/2137.htm . "Beta Glucan from Baker's Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae monograph)." IN: Third Supplement, FCC 7, Rockville, MD: United States Pharmacopeia; 2010.
12. Thompson IJ, Oyston PC, Williamson DE, "Potential of the beta-glucans to enhance innate resistance to biological agents," Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther, 8(3):339-52, PMID: 20192687, Mar 2010.
13. Federal Drug Administration, "Appendix A Food Additives," Yeast extract (Bakers) - FL/ADJ, GRAS, See Specs 184.1983. Washington DC. http://www.fda.gov 1997.